Tesco’s opening hours for the New Year period can save you a few trips to the shops.
Here’s our comprehensive guide to the supermarket’s opening times across the country to make sure you can grab those last minute essentials.
What are Tesco’s opening hours in the run-up to New Year?
Here are the key dates for the majority of UK stores as we get set to welcome 2019.
New Year’s Eve – Monday December 31, 2018
- All Extras, Superstores & Metro stores open usual time and close at 7pm
- All Express stores close at 10pm
- Petrol stations will shut an hour after the main store closes. London petrol stations will close at 10pm
New Year’s Day opening – Tuesday January 1, 2019
- England, Wales & Northern Ireland Extras, Superstores and Metro stores open 9am – 6pm
- Express stores open 8am to 10pm
- Scotland Extras, Superstores open 11am to 6am
- Scotland Metro and Express stores open 10am to 6pm
- All petrol stations open 8am to 7pm
Christmas Opening Hours
Can’t decide where you want to sort your last minute food shop? Here’s our full list of supermarkets and their opening times this holiday.
Wednesday January 2 opening hours
- Scotland Extras and Superstores open 9am – 6pm.
- All stores in England, Wales & Northern Ireland open at 6am and close at usual closing times.
Thursday January 3
- Scotland stores open at 6am and close at usual closing times.
All UK stores will then return to their normal opening hours by Friday, January 4, 2019