Happy Thursday, San Diego! Here’s all the pieces you have to know to get today began.
Are you a neighborhood business proprietor or marketer in San Diego? Our premium native sponsorships will preserve you on the high of inboxes round city each morning. Contact us here for the lowdown.
First, in the present day’s climate:
Clear all through the day. High: 73 Low: 60.
Here are the highest tales in San Diego in the present day:
- Gov. Gavin Newsom turned the second governor in U.S. historical past to trample a recall effort to oust him from his put up. In San Diego County, 58.6 p.c of native voters mentioned “no” to recalling the governor, whereas 41.4 p.c voted to unseat him. Turnout was 44 p.c of the county’s 1,970,788 registered voters, in line with the from the Secretary of State’s Office. (San Diego Patch)
- San Diego County has given awards to 5 academics primarily based partly on how they dealt with the sudden calls for of giving on-line lessons in the course of the COVID-19 pandemic. The San Diego County Office of Education introduced the 2021-22 Teacher of the Year awards, giving all 5 an computerized shot at successful statewide instructor of the year recognition. (San Diego Patch)
- California‘s two senators and Rep. Scott Peters, D-San Diego, Wednesday launched laws to ban the closure of Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego because the USMC evaluations its two recruit coaching places for doable relocation. Senators Dianne Feinstein and Alex Padilla joined Peters within the laws, which follows passage of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2020. (City News Service)
- The San Diego County Board of Supervisors voted to start out the method of permitting micro-enterprise dwelling kitchen operations all through the county. The dwelling kitchens, often known as “MEHKOs,” will be licensed on a county-by-county foundation. (City News Service)
- Scripps Health, a community of hospitals and clinics in San Diego, urged individuals within the county to get flu photographs by the tip of October to keep away from catching the illness that may be a risk together with COVID-19 as masks mandates are looser now than a year in the past. (San Diego Patch)
Today’s San Diego Daily is dropped at you by our mates at FTD, probably the most trusted identify in flowers. FTD’s community contains over 8,800 native florists in communities across the nation. Send flowers to somebody you care about in the present day and get a 15% low cost in your order. Click here to make someone feel awesome.
Today in San Diego:
- Andrew Schulz: The Infamous Tour – Balboa Theatre. (7:30 p.m.)
- Laughs @ Mavericks Comedy Night. (8 p.m.)
- Minnesota with VCTRE. (9 p.m.)
San Diego Patch Notebook
- San Diego County Library: “Happy Hispanic Heritage Month! Our staff compiled a list of fiction, nonfiction, history and contemporary life titles to inspire you and entertain you as you learn more about the influence of Hispanic Americans to the history, culture and achievements of the United States.” (Facebook)
- San Diego Humane Society: “When disaster strikes — such as a wildfire, earthquake or another emergency event — don’t wait for mandatory evacuation orders. Be prepared to leave early and take your pets with you.” (Facebook)
- Visit San Diego: “San Diego honors #HispanicHeritageMonth not only this month but throughout the year with authentic, cultural opportunities all around the city!” (Facebook)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting native information!
- Ask the Divorce Experts – San Diego, CA Hub ~ No–Cost Webinar (September 17)
- San Diego Coastal Art Studios Tour (September 18)
- Liturgy of the Hours of St. Francis of Assisi & Day of Rest (September 19)
- Hukilau Fresh Hop Pale Beer Launch Party X Urban Surf 4 Kids (September 19)
- Breast Ultrasound Screening Coming Direct to You! (September 24)
- Day 1: Is The Bible the Guide You Can Trust? (Bible-based Webinar Series) (September 24)
- The Toga Party Band at Ebullition Brew Works & Live Music (September 25)
- Day 2: Is The Bible the Guide You Can Trust? (Bible-based Webinar Series) (September 25)
- Day 3: Is The Bible the Guide You Can Trust? (Bible-based Webinar Series) (September 26)
- Taxes in Retirement Webinar (September 28)
- Add your occasion
Thanks for following alongside and staying knowledgeable! If you are liking these newsletters, think about inviting a few of your folks and neighbors to learn alongside. Send them this hyperlink to subscribe.
— Kristina Houck
Have a information tip or suggestion for an upcoming San Diego Daily? Email [email protected]