Olivia Kaminski of Wexford was inducted to The National Society of Leadership and Success, Sophomore Scholars Recognition and was named to the Dean’s List at Duquesne University. Kaminski is the daughter of Rich and Vicki Kaminski and is studying in the John G. Rangos Sr. School of Health and Sciences. She also serves as a panhellenic delegate in Duquesne’s Epsilon Iota chapter of Alpha Phi Sorority, which focuses its philanthropic efforts on heart health.
Online kindergarten registration
For the first time at Pine-Richland School District, kindergarten registration will be completed online. Current Pine-Richland residents will be able to create a registration application account, complete and upload all registration materials. Children must be 5 years old before Sept. 1 to enroll in kindergarten or 6 years old before Sept. 1 to enroll in first grade.
Families should complete the registration process by March 31, 2021. For specific instructions, please visit www.pinerichland.org/kdg.
The following students from the area were recognized for their academic achievement during the fall 2020 semester by being named to the dean’s, president’s or provost’s list at the college or university they attend:
• Georgia Institute of Technology: Juliano Avolio of Gibsonia
• University of Alabama: Alexandra Battaglia, Adam Graff, Payton McGee and Brooke Wiethorn of Gibsonia
• Grove City College: Caitlin McDonough of Wexford
• Youngstown State University: Victoria Crankovic and Christina Lewis of Wexford, Billy Spirnock, Christopher Ott and Kateryna Bittner of Gibsonia
La Roche hosting events for new, transfer students
La Roche University invites high school and transfer students and their families to experience the campus in McCandless during Preview Nights from Feb. 22 to 24.
The on-campus event provides opportunities for students to meet staff, hear from current students, explore majors and learn how to apply and pay for college. Registration is required at laroche.edu/previewnight.
Students can choose from three major-specific Preview Nights:
• Feb. 22: Accounting, film, finance, graphic design, information technology, interior design, international management and marketing.
• Feb. 23: Biochemistry, biology, chemistry, child and family studies, computer science, criminal justice, engineering, exercise and sports science, pre-dental and math.
• Feb. 24: communications, education, international studies and dance.
Temperature screenings, face coverings and social distancing are required. Hand sanitizer stations also will be available at multiple locations.
For more information, send an email to email@example.com or call 412-536-1272. Transfer students should email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-536-1260.
Pine Creek Journal