Picked up by the eagle eyes of SamMobile and popular Samsung insider Ice Universe, Samsung has made the battery sizes of the Galaxy S11 and Galaxy S11+ publicly available through the submission of these parts for certification at government testing agency SafetyKorea. And its reveals Samsung has stepped up its game.
- Galaxy S11: 4,500 mAh (Battery ID – EB-BG985ABY)
- Galaxy S11+: 5,000 mAh (Battery ID – EB-BG988ABY)
These are massive upgrades compared to the Galaxy S10 (3,400 mAh) and Galaxy S10+ (4,100 mAh) which were no slouches themselves when it came to longevity. Interestingly, SamMobile notes that the same batteries will power both the 4G and 5G versions of the Galaxy S11 with the Galaxy S11+ expected to only come in a 5G version. As such, it may be the 4G Galaxy S11 which leads the pack.
Gordon’s Top Samsung Daily Deals:
- Samsung Galaxy S10 with 128GB – Prism Black – $599.99 (save $300) – time limited deal – Amazon – shop deal now
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ with 128GB – Prism Black – $599.99 (save $300) – time limited deal – Amazon – shop deal now
- Samsung Chromebook 4 11.6-inch – from $179.99 (save $50) – Amazon – shop deal now
As for buyers on a budget, we already know Samsung is going to equip the entry-level Galaxy S11e with a circa 3,800 mAh battery (ID: EB-BG980ABY) compared to Galaxy S10e’s 3,100 mAh capacity so the whole range is leaping a new level. This couldn’t be better timed given Apple’s big upgrades and it really shows up Google’s absurd Pixel 4 folly.
Furthermore, the Galaxy S11 range is expected to launch earlier than ever before in February, so there’s not long to wait now. Just beware of the Exynos version.
Follow Gordon on Facebook
More On Forbes