ROYAL Mail’s latest stamps are out of this world as they celebrate six classic sci-fi novels by British writers.
Their release on April 15 marks the 75th anniversary of Time Machine author HG Wells’ death and the 70th anniversary of John Wyndham’s The Day of the Triffids.
The other four books in the series are Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, Childhood’s End by Arthur C Clarke and Shikasta by Doris Lessing.
The classic novels and illustrators featured in the set are:
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley: illustration by Sabina Sinko
- The Time Machine by HG Wells: illustration by Francisco Rodriguez
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley: illustration by Thomas Danthony
- The Day Of The Triffids by John Wyndham: illustration by Mick Brownfield
- Childhood’s End by Arthur C Clarke: illustration by Matt Murphy
- Shikasta by Doris Lessing: illustration by Sarah Jones
SOFA SO GOOD
Asda shoppers spot ‘price glitch’ that reduces price of £375 sofa to £10
Royal Mail added that the writers whose work is featured on the stamps are household names across the world, highlighting how Britain has been at the forefront of science fiction writing.