Cannes Lions has confirmed this year’s line-up of jury presidents, following news that the International Festival of Creativity will take place at an in-person event in June.
Richard Brim, chief creative officer of Adam & Eve/DDB, is among names gracing the panel this year, which includes the presidents originally appointed for last year’s cancelled awards.
Brim, who is president of the Film Lions jury, ranked second in Campaign’s top creatives of 2020 (falling just short of David Kolbusz, chief creative officer of Droga5 London) after coming first in 2019.
Since Brim joined the A&E/DDB in 2013, it has has won seven Grands Prix at Cannes Lions, as well as being named Agency of the Year in 2014 and 2018.
Vicki Maguire, chief creative officer of Havas UK, will be president of the Brand Experience & Activation Lions jury.
Another of Campaign’s top creatives, Maguire was among 30 names celebrated in IPA’s inaugural iList – which showcases industry members striving to champion diversity and inclusion within adland.
This year’s line-up is 57% female, marking the highest representation of female leaders in the Festival’s history.
Bozoma Saint John, global chief marketing officer of Netflix, has been appointed president of the Glass Lions jury.
Saint John was appointed as chief marketing officer at Netflix in July last year, after holding previous roles at PepsiCo’s, Apple Music and Uber.
“I’ve seen it said that ‘the future is female’ but the reality is that women have made incredible contributions in the past, are making their impact known in the present, and will absolutely change the future,” Saint John said. “Therefore, we need to recognise the brands and advertisers who are driving positive progress and change in the world by reflecting an equal world.”
Saint John was named in this year’s Campaign Power 100, where she was described as “probably the world’s most rockstar marketer”.
Cannes Lions is set to take place from 21 – 25 June. An online poll by Campaign found that only a fifth of readers who ordinarily attend Cannes Lions are definitely planning to go if it takes place this year.
“We know that after the postponement of last year’s awards, our jury presidents are eager to get going,” Philip Thomas, chairman of Lions, said.
“They will be leading juries in a unique year, awarding Lions for both 2020 and 2021 – no small job but one that will provide a crucial reflection and insight into the industry’s recent unprecedented journey.
“Happily, they’re an extremely talented bunch of individuals and more than qualified to take on the job of setting the world’s new creative benchmark.”
The full list of 2021 jury presidents
- Titanium Lions: Susan Credle, Global Chief Creative Officer, FCB, Global
- Design Lions: Pum Lefebure, Chief Creative Officer, Design Army, USA
- Film Lions: Richard Brim, Chief Creative Officer, adam&eveDDB, UK
- Mobile Lions: Andrew Keller, VP, Global Creative Director, Facebook, Global
- Outdoor Lions: Luiz Sanches, Chairman, Chief Creative Officer & Partner, AlmapBBDO, Brazil
- Print & Publishing Lions: Liz Taylor, Global Chief Creative Officer Leo Burnett / Worldwide Chief Creative Officer Publicis Communications NA, Global
- Radio & Audio Lions: Merlee Jayme, Global President Dentsu Mcgarrybowen/Chairmom Dentsu Jayme Syfu, Global
- Digital Craft Lions: Jax Ostle-Evans, Managing Director, Stink Studios, UK
- Film Craft Lions: Kerstin Emhoff, President, PRETTYBIRD, USA
- Industry Craft Lions: Jayanta Jenkins, EVP, Head of Marketing, Disney+, Global
- Entertainment Lions: Jae Goodman, CEO, Observatory (A Stagwell and CAA Company), Global
- Entertainment Lions for Music: Wyclef Jean, President and Chief Strategy Officer, Carnival World Music Group, USA
- Entertainment Lions for Sport: Ben Hartman, Chief Client Officer, International, Octagon, Global
- Brand Experience & Activation Lions: Vicki Maguire, Chief Creative Officer, Havas, UK
- Creative Business Transformation Lions: Geoff Northcutt, Global Chief Experience Officer & Managing Partner, EMEA, AKQA, Global
- Creative eCommerce Lions: Tiffany Rolfe, Global Chief Creative Officer, R/GA, Global
- Glass – The Lion for Change: Bozoma Saint John, Global Chief Marketing Officer, Netflix, Global
- Sustainable Development Goals Lions: Eduardo Maruri, VP Global Creative Board & President/CEO Europe, Grey Worldwide, Global
- Health & Wellness Lions: Tom Richards, Global Chief Creative Officer, 21GRAMS, Global
- Pharma Lions: Anne de Schweinitz, Global Managing Director, Healthcare, FleishmanHillard, Global
- Innovation Lions: Claudia Cristovao, Head of Google Brand Studio, APAC, Google, APAC
- Creative Effectiveness Lions: Ann Mukherjee, Chairman and CEO, Pernod Ricard NA, USA
- Creative Data Lions: Maurice Riley, Chief Data Officer, Digitas, Australia & New Zealand
- Creative Strategy Lions: Suzanne Powers, Global Chief Strategy Officer, McCann Worldgroup, Global
- Direct Lions: Reed Collins, Chief Creative Officer, Ogilvy, Asia
- Media Lions: Philippa Brown, Worldwide CEO, PHD, Global
- PR Lions: Gail Heimann, President & CEO, Weber Shandwick, Global
- Social & Influencer Lions: Debbi Vandeven, Global Chief Creative Officer, VMLY&R, Global