Overall score: 76/100
Tested November 2018
Want a phone that will last most of the day before needing to be charged? The Nokia 7.1 is the perfect buy. Not only does this 5.8in smartphone stack up well in the battery stakes, it can also take some great photos. And, at £299, it won’t break the bank. Even better, the phone runs Android One – the purest form of the operating software, so you’ll get updates as soon as they’re released. Admittedly when it comes to speed it’s not as fast as more expensive smartphones, but it’s a great buy.
Advertisement – Continue Reading Below
Available from: carphonewarehouse.co.uk
Price when tested: £299.00
GHI Expert Verdict
For under £300, this is a great smartphone. Middle of the road for speed, but it’s got a great camera and competitive battery life.
- Ease of use: 4/5
- Design: 3.5/5
- Instructions: 3.5/5
- Performance: 3.8/5
- Nokia says a 30-minute charge will charge the battery half way
- The phone will automatically adjust the brightness and contrast of the screen based on your surroundings, meaning you can still see it in bright sunlight
- The dual cameras let you capture photos with a blurred background and the subject in focus – you can beven adjust how blurred the background appears
- It’s a compact phone considering the 5.8in screen
We Didn’t Like
- The screen suffers from fingerprint marks
- There’s no headphone socket so you’ll need Bluetooth headphones if you want to charge the phone and listen to music at the same time
All product information provided by the manufacturer is correct at time of publication.