There was also another case associated with the Berala area, a household contact of the woman reported yesterday whose source is under investigation; one in a man in his 20s who is a household contact of the Avalon cluster; and one western Sydney case under investigation.
In light of the additional northern beaches case, Mr Barilaro said the upper part of the local government area would remain under stay home orders until Sunday as planned.
“I know you’ve been doing it tough: you’ve been locked down for a period of time, but that was off the back of a significant seeding event, and the transmission of COVID in that area,” he said.
“We make these decisions to protect everyone, you, your family, the state and the nation.”
All of the 18-year-old’s close contacts have so far tested negative, Chief Health Officer Kerry Chant said, but will continue to isolate for the rest of the 14 day period.
NSW recorded 32,667 tests during the 24 hours: this is in line with the usual bump in tests reported on a Wednesday after lower numbers from the weekend.
The state recorded one new case in a returned traveller in hotel quarantine.