It is effortless if you want to mirror your iPhone or iPad to your TV, then you can do it. You can share the screen and view it on a larger screen for better illustration of the PowerPoint presentation, gaming, and movie. It is a very easy, quick, and straightforward way to get your iPhone or iPad screen mirroring wirelessly to your Apple TV.
For wireless mirroring of the screen required your Apple TV connected with your TV, an iPhone or iPad, and all devices connected on the same wi-fi network. Before going to the tutorial of this mirroring process, kindly update your iPhone or iPad with the latest OS update.
Let’s quickly go through the complete process of mirroring the iPhone or iPad screen on your TV.
How To Connect iPhone or iPad wirelessly to your Apple TV
Before starting through this process, kindly re-check that all of your devices are connected through the same wi-fi network.
- Turn on Apple TV device and your TV
- Open Control Center on your iPhone or iPad. (To access Control Center, swipe down for IOS 12 or later and swipe up for IOS 11 or earlier)
- Tap on “Screen Mirroring”
- Select Apple TV from the available list of devices
- If you are connecting through the first time, your Apple TV will ask for AirPlay passcode. Enter the passcode and tap on the “OK” button
- Now your iPhone or iPad screen will mirror on TV through Apple TV AirPlay. Exit Control Center and open whatever you want to mirror on the TV screen
Open what you want to display on your TV screen and run it. This is a pretty cool feature, as it is very simple and easy to use. There are so many reasons for its quick and easy usability. You can use it in the office for the presentation, in school for the study purpose, watch a movie, play games and many more cool things you can do this.
As your iPhone screen mirrored through the TV screen, it will show you the black bars on both side space of the iPhone screen size. The same will show if you are mirroring the iPad screen on your TV.
There are so many applications through which you can zoom out the display as well as change the orientation of the screen on the TV.
This particular set up works with Apple TV and wi-fi network only. In case if you do not have Apple TV compatible TV or wi-fi network, then you can use HDMI cable to connect your iPhone or iPad to the TV. For these things, you require a special adapter that connects your iPhone or iPad with TV.
Gamers can take advantage of this feature by using XBOX or PS4 game controller with an iPhone or iPad and play the game on a bigger screen.
How to stop an iPhone or iPad Mirroring on your Apple TV screen
It is very easy to disconnect and stop screen mirroring on your Apple TV by following the below steps.
- Open the Control Center on your iPhone or iPad. (To access Control Center, swipe down for IOS 12 or later and swipe up for IOS 11 or earlier)
- Tap on “Screen Mirroring’
- Tap on “Stop Mirroring” to stop the screen mirroring on your Apple TV
- Exit the Control Center
The above illustrations are compatible with IOS 12, IOS 13, iPad OS 13, or later versions of the operating system. The TV set is also compatible with Apple AirPlay feature.
Let us know how you use this cool feature at your workplace or home? What works best for you, and what are the other cool different ways to use this feature? Drop your views on the comment section below.