If you moved from iOS to Android, and your first device is one of the excellent Samsung Galaxy S10 smartphones, then you might find setting up email a little bit confusing. But, you should know that the process is much straightforward than on iOS, and it usually takes about one minute to get it done. If you’re a veteran Android user, then you may already know all the tricks you can do on Google’s mobile OS. In this post, however, we’ll show you how to set up email and add your email account on Galaxy S10, S10E, or S10 Plus.
Also, you might be interested in finding out how to improve your device’s security. We have lots of tutorial on that, too, and below you’ll find a couple of them which we consider to be the most significant steps that someone should take towards maintaining privacy and boosting security. Accordingly, you may also need learning about:
Below, you’ll find the exact steps you should follow to set up email and add your email account on Galaxy S10 smartphones.
How to Set Up Email and Add Your Email Account on Galaxy S10, S10E, or S10 Plus
Set Up Email on Galaxy S10 Devices
- Open your favorite Email app – you can either use the stock Samsung Email app or choose Gmail, as both come pre-installed on your Galaxy S10 smartphone
- Tap on the “add new account” option in Samsung Email app or press on the “add account” icon in Gmail
- If you want to add an email from another email provider on Gmail, choose the appropriate one (Google, Outlook, Yahoo, Exchange, or Other) and proceed
- Add your email username – that’s typically your email address
- Now, your Galaxy S10, S10E, or S10 Plus might ask you to verify your account – accept that and follow the instructions on the screen
- Once your email address has been confirmed, tap on Next, and that’s it
- Now, you have added your email address to your preferred email app.
Add Your Email Account on Galaxy S10, S10 E, or S10 Plus
In this section of our article, we’ll talk about how to add your email account on Galaxy S10 smartphones. Next, you’ll find the steps you should follow to do that:
- Go to Settings -> Accounts and backup -> Accounts
- Tap on Add Account
- Choose the account type – Email, Personal IMAP, Personal POP3, and so on
- Select Email and choose the appropriate provider from the list – Yahoo, AOL, Outlook.com, Verizon.net, and so on
- Fill in the email address and tap Next
- Enter your email’s password and select Next
- Your Galaxy S10 device might ask you to enter your PIN, password, or pattern
- If anything else appears on screen, follow the instructions as such
Now, you have successfully added your email account on Galaxy S10 smartphones. Alternatively, you can directly opt for adding a Google account while you’re at the third step from the list above.
In the end, that’s everything you should do to set up and add your email account on galaxy S10, S10E, or S10 Plus. As you can see, the process to perform those tasks is quite straightforward and fast.