Want to hard reset your Xiaomi Poco X2? then you are in the right place. In this guide, we will teach you how to perform a hard reset on Xiaomi Poco X2. Well, a Hard reset is also known as Factory data reset which means the process of reverting a device back to the state it was in when shipped from the factory. There may be many reasons to choose factory data to reset such as having a fresh start with Android, selling the phone, fixing a bug, or boosting the performance are some of the common reasons why most of the users go for it.
Two years ago, Xiaomi released its one of the subsidiary brands POCO that comes with an affordable flagship-killer smartphone called Poco F1. And the affordable flagship category smartphone trend comes into the light. Now, after two years, that brand POCO has become an independent company and recently launched an upper mid-range segment device called Poco X2. Let’s check the device specs before heading to the steps to perform a hard reset.
Poco X2 Specifications: Overview
The Poco X2 comes with a 6.67-inches IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1080×2400 pixels and features a 20:9 aspect ratio, 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10 support, 500 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. It’s powered by the octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G SoC, paired with Adreno 618 GPU. The device packs 6GB/8GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB/256GB of internal storage option. It runs on MIUI 11 on the top of Android 10 out-of-the-box.
The handset sports a quad rear camera setup of 64MP (wide, f/1.9) + 8MP (ultrawide, f/2.2) + 2MP (macro, f/2.4) + 2MP (depth, f/2.4) lens with PDAF, Dual-LED flash, HDR, Panorama, etc. On the front side, the device packs a dual 20MP (wide, f/2.2) + 2MP (depth, f/2.4) selfie camera setup with HDR, AI Face Unlock, Beautify mode, Portrait mode, etc. A decent 4,500mAh battery backs it with 27W fast charging support.
In terms of the connectivity option, the handset features a 3.5mm audio jack, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, Infrared Port, FM Radio, USB Type-C port, USB OTG, etc. an ambient light sensor, an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, compass sensor.
Steps to Perform Hard Reset on Xiaomi Poco X2
There are two methods available actually to keep up the pace. One is a hard factory reset via Settings and another is factory reset via Recovery. Both these methods are good and will bring similar outcomes when you choose to perform Xiaomi Poco X2 factory reset. Basically, when you are able to boot into Android, you can perform the hard reset from Settings menu. On the other side, if you are not able to boot into Android, you can go with Hard Factory Data Reset on Xiaomi Poco X2 via Recovery.
Instructions for Hard Reset via Settings
- In your Xiaomi Poco X2 device, Go to Apps
- Select Settings
- Tap on About Phone
- Tap on Backup and reset
- Select Erase all data / Factory data reset
- Click on Reset Phone and wait 10 seconds.
- Tap on Next and again wait 10 seconds
- That’s it! Confirm by pressing OK! Done!
- You have successfully performed a hard reset.
Instructions for Hard Factory Reset via Recovery
Want to hard reset your Xiaomi Poco X2? then, enter the recovery mode first.
Things to Note while using Xiaomi Poco X2 Stock Recovery Mode
- Use Volume keys to navigate between each menu (UP and DOWN)
- To confirm, you can use the Power button.
- First of all, Turn off your Xiaomi Poco X2.
- Now Press and hold Volume UP key + Power Key on your Poco X2 device simultaneously for a while
- Once you see the Xiaomi Mi logo, you can release the button.
- Your phone has entered recovery mode, now you can select the language
- Now your device will enter the stock recovery mode
- You can navigate using Volume UP and DOWN button
- Now select Wipe/Data and press Power button to confirm
- That’s it! Confirm and done!
I hope this guide was useful to hard reset your Xiaomi Poco X2. If you have any questions regarding the installation method(s), feel free to ask us.