Are you a die-hard Android user who knows the ins and outs of the operating system on a spiritual level? Are you just at home knee-deep in an ADB session as your home screen? We want you to write for us.
What We’re Looking For
We’re after an experienced Android writer to cover tips, tricks, how-tos, and more. Someone who has spent time with several different Android devices will be preferred, but Pixel and Galaxy experience is the most important. Knowing where to find specific settings, options, tweaks, and other system information is crucial—and we cover everything from Lollipop (and below) to Pie (and beyond).
Of course, knowing these settings aren’t the only requirement here—you also have to be able to explain Android in a simple and effective way. It’s our job to make tech easy to understand, and the ideal candidate will need to be able to exactly this for Android topics. Excellent communication and the ability to make complex topics easy to understand are crucial.
We are not looking for a writer to cover Android news. You may ultimately need to cover something timely or news-related, but simple news posts are not what this position is about. We’re looking for someone with serious Android chops.
This is a freelance position where you’ll be assigned topics to write about, but we also encourage you to pitch your own topics that we haven’t covered yet.
Here’s what we always look for in new writers:
- You must be a geek at heart, always looking to learn more about technology and make your gadgets work better.
- You must be able to explain complex topics in a way that is clear and easy to understand, even to non-experts.
- You must be creative and have the ability to generate article ideas, take suggestions, and make topics interesting and exciting.
- You must be at least 18 years old and have your own computer.
- You must have solid English writing skills. It’s a shame we even have to mention that one.
- You should have some basic screenshot and image editing chops. HTML skills are a plus.
To give you an idea of what we expect, here are a few examples of what we’re looking for:
How to Apply
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject Android Writer, and include the following in your email:
- Explain why your geek skills are worth touting to millions of readers each month.
- Your name and location.
- Any previous experience you have with writing and/or blogging, particularly related to Android.
- Whether or not you are currently employed, and what you do if you are.
- A brief overview of any other topics you are familiar with, and what operating systems, computers, and devices you have access to.
- Most Importantly: We want a writing sample. If you have previous writing to showcase, particularly relevant Android pieces that you’re proud of, include a link to it in your email. If you have a personal blog, a forum account, or a commenter account from anywhere, feel free to include that as well.
We don’t have normal office hours—or even an office—so you can be located anywhere. This is strictly a telecommuting gig.
Think you have what it takes? Get at us!