Most people who use the Google search engine are not aware of Google Search Hacks, Tips, and tricks, which affect the accuracy of your find. Google search engine is capable of retrieving thousands of search results in seconds. It is important to know the little hacks, tips, and tricks so Google can find the exact result for the users.
Google Search Hacks, Tips & Tricks
Keeping the search term in quotation marks will let you search for that exact word. All search results will have your search term in them. For example: “Gold Smith”
It will give all search results with the full name Gold Smith. If you searched without quotation marks the results retrieved will include thousands of pages that will have the words Gold and Smith in.
Dashes help in excluding a particular term from your search. For example Chocolate -covered. Put the word you want to search for first then space and dash followed by the word you want to exclude from the search. The result produced will be only for chocolate and will not have anything that included chocolate – covered in it.
Using Tilde (~) will retrieve synonyms in the result. For example music ~classes Here you only get music classes, lessons, coaching, etc.
Include the site to search in a particular website only. For example: google site:incpak.com
It will produce search results on google on the site incpak.com only.
Vertical Bar or OR
Use vertical bar (|) or simple OR to search for several search terms. For example BBC I CNN. The search will produce results with either only to do with BBC or CNN. Use OR for the same purpose,
Two Dots (..)
Use the two dots to search between two number ranges. For example movies 1991..2021
It will bring results to do with movies between 1991 and 2021.
Search for something related to a particular location. For example Elon Musk location:sanfrancisco
To narrow down the search result by certain file types. For example Turkish recipes filetype:pdf
It will filter out all the articles you don’t want to read.
More Google Search Hacks, Tips & Tricks
- Use the tabs: use the tabs for the kind of Google search such as Images, News, Videos etc.
- Links to another page: To retrieve all pages linking to a specific page. E.g. link:nytimes.com
- Use asterisk wild card: use asterisk if you dont know all the words for your search. for example “Come * right now * me” – it will bring the lyrics
- Find similar sites: use the syntax: related:daraz.com for similar sites
- Do maths: use google for solving maths, it will not solve all maths problems but a good number of them. syntax: 2*2+2
- Near by command: If you need a pizza place near by type Pizza place nearby
- Money and unit conversions: Here is how to do it:
- miles to km
- USD to British Pound Sterling
- Unit conversion:
- kg to lb
- fahrenheit to celsius
- usd to eur
- inch in cm
- Weather Information syntax:
- weather [ Location ]
- [Location] weather
- Flight Status Syntax
- [airline name] [fight number]
- [airline abbreviation] [fight number]
- Nutritional Information
Read More: Why Computing Needs Must Drive PC Design