We have compiled the most interesting cryptocurrency quotes from industry experts in this article.
Most of us became interested in cryptocurrency after hearing a friend of a prominent figure extol its virtues. With time, the world began to take notice, and crypto grew in popularity, involving an increasing number of people.
Today, many industry experts and well-known people are known for their cryptocurrency quotes. Some of these were the cause of a significant price increase. Others made us think.
The purpose of this article is not to tell you whether Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies are worthwhile investments. Instead, we want to help you understand where we are now and how much potential still exists.
If however, you are interested in trading, the Bitcoin Bank software is designed with an advanced algorithm to provide accurate trading signals. The algorithm can accurately and quickly analyze the data from top trading indicators in real-time to find profitable trading opportunities. As a result, fundamental and technical analyses are easy, and investors can easily make profitable trades, even with no prior experience.
Now, go ahead and read the quotes, learn more about their authors, and decide for yourself whether or not you can relate to the message they offer.
Best Cryptocurrency Quotes
Here is a list of the 70 best cryptocurrency quotes we found on the internet.
1. If you don’t believe it or don’t get it, I don’t have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
– Satoshi Nakamoto
This is one of the very first Bitcoin quotes. Satoshi Nakamoto, the creator of Bitcoin, saw what Bitcoin was capable of before anyone else. However, few could have predicted the potential of this new currency in its early days. Today, his invention has completely changed the world, and those early skeptics should have done more research.
2. I see Bitcoin as ultimately becoming a reserve currency for banks, playing much the same role as gold did in the early days of banking. Banks could issue digital cash with greater anonymity and lighter weight, more efficient transactions.
– Hal Finney
Another early-day quote from Hal Finney demonstrates his understanding of Bitcoin’s potential. He was also an early member of the Cryptography mailing list, where the potential of virtual currencies and privacy concerns were hotly debated..
3. Any time a country transitioned to a fiat currency, they collapsed. That’s just world history; you don’t have to know about cryptocurrency to know that.
– Nipsey Hussle
Nipsey Hussle was a well-known rapper, business owner, and community activist. He was well-known for his deep thoughts, which he frequently shared with his Twitter followers. Hussle died in 2019 from a drug overdose.
4. If the cryptocurrency market overall or a digital asset is solving a problem, it’s going to drive some value.
– Brad Garlinghouse
Brad Garlinghouse is a well-known figure in the cryptocurrency community. He is the CEO of Ripple, the company responsible for XRP. In his occasional tweets, he frequently addresses the skeptics who have doubts about the future of cryptocurrency.
5. Whenever the price of cryptocurrency is rallying, people start spending a lot more.
– Erik Voorhees
Eric is the creator of Shapeshift, one of the most well-known cryptocurrency trading platforms. He frequently writes about Bitcoin on his Twitter account, and he has many noteworthy quotes to include in this post. This one, on the other hand, encapsulates what we call “positive market sentiment.” He’s attempting to demonstrate how, when an asset as volatile as a cryptocurrency rapidly increases in value, people tend to have unrealistic expectations. This increases the scarcity of the coins because more people want to own some.
6. We are seeing more managed money and, to an extent, institutional money entering the [crypto] space. Anecdotally speaking, I know of many people who are working at hedge funds or other investment managers who are trading cryptocurrency personally, the question is, when do people start doing it with their firms and funds?
– Olaf Carlson-Wee
In a previous article, we discussed how the price of Bitcoin is expected to rise tenfold (or more) as mainstream adoption grows. Former Coinbase Head of Risk Olaf Carlson-Wee wrote his college thesis on Bitcoin and invested the majority of his savings in the popular cryptocurrency early on. A well-phrased quote sparks debate in the cryptocurrency community.
7. I am very excited about the prospect of using cryptocurrency, not just as a money equivalent, but using it as a way to earn something as a result of doing some type of work.
– William Mougayar
William Mougayar is the author of “The Business Blockchain.” He makes a compelling case for how the ability for anyone to mine cryptocurrency is one of its most exciting features.
8. What value does cryptocurrency add? No one’s been able to answer that question to me.
– Steve Eisman
Steve Eisman is a well-known businessman and investor from the United States. He is best known for the film “The Big Short,” which depicts the true events of his life during the 2007-2008 US housing bubble. His tweet, which many regard as a memorable quote, served as a challenge to cryptocurrency supporters.
9. Bitcoin is here to stay. There would be a hacker uproar to anyone who attempted to take credit for the patent of cryptocurrency. And I wouldn’t want to be on the receiving end of hacker fury.
– Adam Draper
Adam Draper is the founder and CEO of Boost VC, a startup accelerator that invests in cryptocurrency startups. He is currently involved in over 100 Bitcoin startups, and his portfolio is expanding. We can only assume that the following quote is in some way directed at Craig Wright.
10. I am very intrigued by Bitcoin. It has all the signs. Paradigm shift, hackers love it, yet it is described as a toy. Just like microcomputers.
– Paul Graham
Paul is a seasoned programmer, venture capitalist, and the man behind the Yahoo store. His quote makes readers consider the long-term potential of cryptocurrency and whether the world is vastly underestimating Bitcoin’s potential.
11. Blockchain is the tech. Bitcoin is merely the first mainstream manifestation of its potential.
– Marc Kenigsberg
Marc Keningsberg is best known for his podcast “The Conversation,” in which he discusses Blockchain and its applications in everyday life. In addition, he is the creator of BitcoinChasers.com. Everything is put into perspective by his quote. He decouples the meaning and purpose of the Blockchain from Bitcoin and demonstrates to the world that we are still in the early stages of technological development.
12. As the value goes up, heads start to swivel and skeptics begin to soften. Starting a new currency is easy, anyone can do it. The trick is getting people to accept it because it is their use that gives the “money” value.
– Adam B. Levine
Adam is the CEO of Tokenly and the founder of Let’s Talk Bitcoin. His quote emphasizes the importance of public adoption in determining the value of a new currency. Essentially, he is attempting to emphasize the importance of people beginning to spend and receive Bitcoin in their daily lives.
13. Bitcoin will do to banks what email did to the postal industry
– Rick Falkvinge
This is our favorite cryptocurrency quote of the whole lot. Rick Falkvinge, an IT entrepreneur and the founder of the Swedish Pirate Party, believes Bitcoin will completely transform the way we use money.
14. Bitcoin is a technological tour de force.
– Bill Gates Bitcoin quote
Bill Gates does not require an introduction. Bill Gates, the father of all programming and the founder of Microsoft, spends most of his days pondering the future of technology. The compliment to Bitcoin piqued the interest of more people in the future potential of cryptocurrencies.
15. Well, I think it is working. There may be other currencies like it that may be even better. But in the meantime, there’s a big industry around Bitcoin— People have made fortunes off Bitcoin, some have lost money. It is volatile, but people make money off of volatility too.
– Richard Branson
Richard Branson is a businessman, philanthropist, and entrepreneur from England. He founded the Virgin Group, which now owns more than 400 businesses around the world. He is currently in the process of acquiring BitPay, an Atlanta-based Bitcoin start-up. The above quote is from a 2014 interview with Bloomberg.
16. [Bitcoin] is a remarkable cryptographic achievement… The ability to create something which is not duplicable in the digital world has enormous value…Lot’s of people will build businesses on top of that.
– Eric Schmidt
Eric Schmit, Google’s executive chairman and former CEO, is not your typical Bitcoin maximalist. While he is unsure about the future of the most popular cryptocurrency, he made a point of praising the technology that powers it during his speech at the Computer History Museum.
17. PayPal had these goals of creating a new currency. We failed at that, and we just created a new payment system. I think Bitcoin has succeeded on the level of a new currency, but the payment system is somewhat lacking. It’s very hard to use, and that’s the big challenge on the Bitcoin side.
– Peter Thiel
Peter Thiel is the co-founder of Paypal and author of the best-selling book – “Zero to One.” He has stated that Bitcoin is what Paypal attempted to create, but the cryptocurrency is still difficult to use for him. He believes that in order for the payment system to become more widely adopted, it should be made easier to use than it is now. Peter’s “Founders Fund” invested a massive $20 million in Bitcoin in 2017, an amount that is now worth around $100 million.
18. Bitcoin actually has the balance and incentives center, and that is why it is starting to take off.
– Julian Assange
Wikileaks and Bitcoin have a long history. Indeed, Wikileaks may not have grown to its current size without the assistance of Bitcoin. During Wikileaks’ rise to fame, major banks and credit card companies blocked all payments to the organization, making it difficult for it to survive. Fortunately, the organization began accepting Bitcoin donations and was able to survive. Julian Assange is the founder of Wikileaks and a cypherpunk from the early days.
Other Cryptocurrency Quotes
Here’s a longer list of the most interesting quotes we could find.
19. Bitcoin is the beginning of something great: a currency without a government, something necessary and imperative.”
– Nassim Taleb, Author and Risk Analyst
20. Bitcoin, and the ideas behind it, will be a disrupter to the traditional notions of currency. In the end, currency will be better for it.
– Edmund Moy, 38th Director of the United States Mint
21. Right now Bitcoin feels like the Internet before the browser.
– Wences Casares
22. [Bitcoin] is a very exciting development, it might lead to a world currency. I think over the next decade it will grow to become one of the most important ways to pay for things and transfer assets.
– Kim Dotcom, CEO of MegaUpload
23. The Federal Reserve simply does not have authority to supervise or regulate Bitcoin in any way.
– Janet Yellen, former chair of the US Federal Reserve
24. EVERY informed person needs to know about Bitcoin because it might be one of the world’s most important developments.
– Leon Louw, two-time Nobel Peace Prize nominee
25. Bitcoin may be the TCP/IP of money.
– Paul Buchheit
Whereas most technologies tend to automate workers on the periphery doing menial tasks, blockchains automate away the center. Instead of putting the taxi driver out of a job, blockchain puts Uber out of a job and lets the taxi drivers work with the customer directly.
– Vitalik Buterin, co-founder of Ethereum
26. Cryptographical solutions might with great propriety be introduced into academies as the means of giving tone to the most important of the powers of the mind.
– Edgar Allan Poe
27. It’s gold for nerds.
– Stephan Colbert, Comedian
28. If [Bitcoin does] not [reach $500.000 by the end of 2020], I will eat my d*ck on national television.
– John McAfee – founder McAfee antivirus
29. I understand the political ramifications of [bitcoin] and I think that the government should stay out of them and they should be perfectly legal.
– Ron Paul, Republican Texas Congressman and former candidate for US President
30. I think the fact that within the bitcoin universe an algorithm replaces the functions of [the government] is actually pretty cool. I am a big fan of Bitcoin.
– Al Gore, 45th Vice President of the United States
Crypto Investment Quotes
31. Cryptocurrency is such a powerful concept that it can almost overturn governments
– Charles Lee, Creator of Litecoin
32. The reason we are all here is that the current financial system is outdated.
– Charlie Shrem – founder & CEO Bitinstant
33. There are 3 eras of currency: Commodity based, politically based, and now, math-based.
– Chris Dixon
34. At their core, cryptocurrencies are built around the principle of a universal, inviolable ledger, one that is made fully public and is constantly being verified by these high-powered computers, each essentially acting independently of the others.
– Paul Vigna
Famous Crypto Quotes By Investors
35. I love seeing new services constantly starting to accept Bitcoin. Bitcoin is really becoming “the currency of the Internet.” I’m most concerned by possible government reactions to Bitcoin. They can’t destroy Bitcoin, but they could really slow things down by making exchange much more difficult.
– Michael Marquardt
36. Bitcoin is Money Over Internet Protocol.
– Tony Gallippi
37. If Satoshi had released Bitcoin 10 yrs. earlier, 9/11 would never have happened.
– Max Keiser
38. One must acknowledge with cryptography no amount of violence will ever solve a math problem.
– Jacob Appelbaum
39. When I first heard about Bitcoin, I thought it was impossible. How can you have a purely digital currency? Can’t I just copy your hard drive and have your bitcoins? I didn’t understand how that could be done, and then I looked into it and it was brilliant.
– Jeff Garzik
40. The governments of the world have spent hundreds and hundreds of trillions of dollars bailing out a decaying, dickensian, outmoded system called banking when the solution to the future of finance is peer-to-peer. It’s going to be alternative currencies like Bitcoin and it’s not actually going to be a banking system as we had before 2008.
– Patrick Young
41. We have elected to put our money and faith in a mathematical framework that is free of politics and human error.
– Tyler Winklevoss
42. Hey, obviously this is a very interesting time to be in Bitcoin center now, but if you guys want to argue over whether this is reality or not, one Bitcoin will feed over 40 homeless people in Pensacola center now. If you guys want proof Bitcoin is real, send them to me, I’ll cash them out and feed homeless people.
– Jason King
43. The bitcoin world is this new ecosystem where it doesn’t cost that much to start a new Bitcoin company, it doesn’t cost much to start owning Bitcoin either, and it is a much more efficient way of moving money around the world.
– Tim Draper
44. Bitcoin enables certain uses that are very unique. I think it offers possibilities that no other currency allows. For example the ability to spend a coin that only occurs when two separate parties agree to spend the coin; with a third party that couldn’t run away with the coin itself.
– Pieter Wuille
45. Bitcoin is Cash with Wings
– Charlie Shrem
46. It was the amateurs of cryptology who created the species. The professionals, who almost certainly surpassed them in cryptanalytic expertise, concentrated on down-to-earth problems of the systems that were then in use but are now outdated. The amateurs, unfettered to those realities, soared into the empyrean of theory.
– David Kahn
47. Bitcoin is the currency of resistance.
– Max Keiser
48. What can’t kill Bitcoin, makes it stronger.
– Mark Wittkowski
49. You should be taking this technology as seriously as you should have been taking the development of the Internet in the early 1990’s.
– Blythe Masters
50. I think the internet is going to be one of the major forces for reducing the role of government. The one thing that’s missing but that will soon be developed is a reliable e-cash.
51. What affected me most profoundly was the realization that the sciences of cryptography and mathematics are very elegant, pure sciences. I found that the ends for which these pure sciences are used are less elegant.
– Jim Sanborn
52. Cryptography is the essential building block of independence for organizations on the Internet, just like armies are the essential building blocks of states because otherwise one state just takes over another.
– Julian Assange
53. Bitcoin was created to serve a highly political intent, a free and uncensored network where all can participate with equal access.
– Amir Taaki
54. Lots of people working in cryptography have no deep concern with real application issues. They are trying to discover things clever enough to write papers about.
– Whitfield Diffie
56. Trusted third parties are security holes.
– Nick Szabo
57. This [Bitcoin] may be the purest form of democracy the world has ever known, and I — for one — am thrilled to be here to watch it unfold.
– Paco Ahlgren
58. Cryptography shifts the balance of power from those with a monopoly on violence to those who comprehend mathematics and security design.”
– Jacob Appelbaum
59. [Cryptourrencies] may hold long-term promise, particularly if the innovations promote a faster, more secure and more efficient payment system.
60. Online identity and reputation will be decentralized. We will own the data that belongs to us.
– William Mougayar
61. It just identifies how much money laundering there is being done in the world,” Fink said. “How much people are trying to move currencies from one place to another.
62. Gold is a great way to preserve wealth, but it is hard to move around. You do need some kind of alternative and Bitcoin fits the bill. I’m not surprised to see that happening.
– Jim Rickards
63. What we want is fully anonymous, ultra-low transaction cost, transferable units of exchange. If we get that going… the banks will become the obsolete dinosaurs they deserve to become.
– Adam Back
64. The blockchain is an incorruptible digital ledger of economic transactions that can be programmed to record not just financial transactions but virtually everything of value.
– Don & Alex Tapscott
65. [Bitcoin is] the biggest opportunity set we can think of over the next decade.
– Bob Grifeld
Hal Finney Quotes
Hal Finney is a well-known Bitcoin supporter. He has been mining Bitcoin since its inception, and many believe he is Satoshi Nakamoto himself.
66. Since we’re all rich with bitcoins … we ought to put some of this unearned wealth to good use.
67. Bitcoin seems to be a very promising idea. I like the idea of basing security on the assumption that the CPU power of honest participants outweighs that of the attacker. It is a very modern notion that exploits the power of the long tail.
68. The computer can be used as a tool to liberate and protect people, rather than to control them.
Satoshi Nakamoto Quotes
Satoshi Nakamoto is the person or persons responsible for the creation of Bitcoin. Satoshi is only known by their screen name, and we don’t know anything else about them. Here are a few of their most famous quotes.
69. Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone.
70. The possibility to be anonymous or pseudonymous relies on you not revealing any identifying information about yourself in connection with the bitcoin addresses you use. If you post your bitcoin address on the web, then you’re associating that address and any transactions with it with the name you posted under. If you posted under a handle that you haven’t associated with your real identity, then you’re still pseudonymous.
For greater privacy, it’s best to use bitcoin addresses only once.