Ambient intelligence and bioprinting are some of the big technologies that researchers predict may become “game changers” in healthcare over the next year, according to a recent CB Insights report.
For its Game-Changing Tech 2021 report, CB Insights outlines 10 emerging technology trends across the healthcare, privacy, education, environment and financial industries.
Here are three game-changing technologies in healthcare in 2021:
1. Space-based research and development: service providers for space-based experimentation in areas such as biology and biotechnology.
2. Bioprinting: 3D printing using cells and biomaterials to create living biological tissue, such as on-demand human organ creation.
3. Ambient intelligence: artificial intelligence and Internet of Things-enabled environments that are responsive to the presence of people in healthcare spaces like intensive care units and clinics that are more difficult to monitor.
Here are two game-changing technologies in privacy for 2021:
4. Cookie-busting ads: using AI to appropriately place ads based on content, not activity-tracking.
5. Differential privacy: privacy solutions that mask data or make it anonymous to support analysis and sharing without exposing private information.
More articles on digital transformation:
Ohio State University, Nationwide Children’s Hospital join state’s 3rd medical innovation district
UC San Diego develops wearable tech to simultaneously monitor blood pressure, caffeine levels
Cleveland Clinic building biorepository, plans to integrate it into innovation district
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2021. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.